[lbo-talk] AI

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 06:24:35 PST 2003

Further more, a computer which developed consciousness, or intelligence, might be so alien to our sensibilities, that we'd never realise it. Our consciousness is derived from our experiences, so given the differing experiences of a computer, it is unlikely that it would be much like us. ---

It seems to me that, epistemoloically, consciousness being what it is, the only way to know whether a computer was conscious would be to actually be the computer.

On the other hand, we do ascribe consciousness on a regular basis to beings that have very different experiences than us, all the way down to insects.

_________________________________________________________________ Set yourself up for fun at home! Get tips on home entertainment equipment, video game reviews, and more here. http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx