[lbo-talk] Re: stolen elections

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Thu Nov 20 08:28:50 PST 2003

>no way...it's just that I can't equate the battle between democrats and
>republicans as the struggle for universal suffrage...in fact, they both
>represent opposition to that struggle, and act accordingly in their
>respective campaigns...for only one example,they exclude potential
>voters - all the time - by striving to include only those they want...
>
>fs

So we should let them get away with it in a new and massive way?

No, you're mistaken, the Florida elections were not a battle between Democrats and Republicans, they were an attempt to reinstitute jim crow elections in a large southern state. You really can't understand what went on in Florida without understanding that.

Jenny Brown