[lbo-talk] Weapons of Mass Proscription

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:56:57 PST 2003

After 9-11, Justice O'Connor visited Ground Zero and said that this would have implications for individual freedoms.

Scalia has also said that individual freedoms can be significantly scaled back from that they are now, because we currently grant more than the Constitution requires.

But then of course this is mere conspiracizing, or is that conspirasinging, or perhaps conspirawringing...... __________________

Gen. Franks Doubts Constitution Will Survive WMD Attack

Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government. Franks, who successfully led the U.S. military operation to liberate Iraq, expressed his worries in an extensive interview he gave to the mens lifestyle magazine Cigar Aficionado. In the magazines December edition, the former commander of the militarys Central Command warned that if terrorists succeeded in using a weapon of mass destruction (WMD) against the U.S. or one of our allies, it would likely have catastrophic consequences for our cherished republican form of government....

To read the rest of this article, go to http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/20/185048.shtml --------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________________ Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox. Get MSN Extra Storage now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es