[lbo-talk] re Fisk avoiding facts? really?

Stephen Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Fri Nov 21 15:56:38 PST 2003

but as with any such event, finding out who the perpetrators are is a no-brainer, especially for the friends and families of the deceased --- and it is looking increasingly as though the Bush administration knew more about the pending attacks than they have been willing to admit and could and should have done more to stop hem - if this can be shown, and the behaviour of the Bush adminsitration is increasingly suggesting that they have a lot to hide, then it might provide the grounds for the impeachment of George Bush - fancy that?!

--oh yes, the last time we had an impeachment and resignation, in this country, it really delivered us a lot of social change...Nixon-Ford... --------------------------------------------------------- Clearly the 'refusal to know' shoe is on the foot of the 'anti-conspiracists' as you have amply demonstrated with your 'what does it matter attitude'. 9-11 didn't just 'happen' as you suggest, like a natural disaster, it was planned.

--it could have been all masterly planned ...or it could be a coincidence. if the former, nothing significant changes in terms of implications for making significant social change in terms of US foreign policy. --------------------------------------- As to the rest, your understanding of the significance of Iran Contra leaves a lot to be desired.

--hardly, almost everything we 'found out' was knowable before the 'scandal' and what we found out changed little in terms of the knowledge needed to evaluate the causes the US government's policies in Latin America.