[lbo-talk] RE: AI

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Nov 21 17:05:46 PST 2003

Matt writes:

"The human mind, being a part of the Universe, is bounded by the laws of science, both known and unknown."

Since science is a human invention and practice, I can't really parse that sentence.

" That makes it an extremely complicated machine, one we do not fully understand, but a machine nonetheless."

So what was the mind before we had machines?

Sorry, I can't parse the first sentence. I don't understand how you got from the first sentence to the second sentence.

Joanna