[lbo-talk] RE: AI

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Fri Nov 21 23:12:56 PST 2003

> Social conditioning and the ability to be socially conditioned is a
> valid and successful variation of the ability to self-programme the
> brain in order to adapt.

I was told to fuck off about all this, but this ridiculous topic is very near to making me quit this whole fucking list. Not only is the above sentence unreadable and meaningless, but so is the whole pseudo-intellectual line of which it's a part. For God's sake! Get a grip on yourselves people! Computers are machines. Someday, long into the future, they may be complex enough to rival our human brains. Until we understand the latter entity, there's virtually no chance it will matter. Meanwhile, we're working on blowing our own species off the map, and "leftists" are doing this kind of crap.

I accuse all you who are promulgating this "AI" bullshit of this: You like to sound like experts about inscrutible topics. You like short-cuts to "radicalism." You think your pseudo-intellectual techno-worship ("andie nachgeborenen" admits s/he doesn't know how computers work, but brags about having "made a career" out of this kind of diversionary techno-jerking-off) makes you gigher and better. You are in this "left" thing for your own petty and tiny egos.