[lbo-talk] Russia's millionaire Communists

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 07:25:20 PST 2003

OK I'm over by a post, but just wanted to say that the following pit in the article I just posted is silly:

The party's leader, Gennady Zyuganov, lacks charisma, to say the least. He's stiff, aloof and more than a bit old-fashioned. Party underlings still address him as "Comrade."

Whoop-de-doo. "Comrade" is the standard form of address in Russia. Everybody is addressed as comrade.