[lbo-talk] Lynne Stewart charged again

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 10:53:34 PST 2003

OK, the material support charge under 18 USC 2339A is part of the Patriot Act amendments to the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996. The eavesdropping comes under a Special Administrative Measure authorized by a Bureau of Prisons reg under 28 CFR [Code of Fed Regs] sec 501.3. This is nonstatutory administrative lawmaking, and unrelated to the Patriot Act. It's a mistke to fetishize the Act too much. It is only one of a raft of unconstitutional measures floating about. The administrative measures are perhaps the worst, and unrelated to USAPA. jks