[lbo-talk] Pacifica financial update

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sat Nov 22 11:03:43 PST 2003

The more I think about this, the more I think that selling the two commercial band licenses is a good solution. It might have been a better solution earlier, before the network had run itself into the ground financially, but it would still buy time to get WBAI back on its feet. Pacifica stations don't need to be in the commercial band--they don't sell ads--and those licenses have a higher value to a buyer than to Pacifica. I also think I know the buyer they need--the people working on the liberal talk show network, which +will+ sell ads. They have the money, and this would give them two flagship stations on opposite coasts in big markets.

Why not?

John A