[lbo-talk] F.B.I. Scrutinizes Antiwar Rallies

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Nov 22 18:04:29 PST 2003

mike larkin wrote:

> This is the sort of thing that encourages
> coconspiracismnd I guess what you'd call
> "vavanguardismamong activists. You can already see it
> happening. The paranoia at some gatherings I'veveeen
> to is unmistakable.

I always try to do what I can to urge activists to take these things in perspective. I'm sure I have a large FBI file and I know the DC MPD was at one time trying to frame me and other activists on felony charges, but I don't let any of this change my activism. I tell other activists that the FBI and police can't be everywhere, they have limited resources, and that they really don't understand us. Most police anti-activist activity revolves going after "leaders," which is pretty stupid in a decentralized movement. The cops also get fixated on sensational activism like animal rights (ALF) and the black bloc, completely missing the more crucial work we are doing that looks really innocuous.

It's more effective for the state to create little policemen in our heads with scare tactics and psyops than it is to spend millions of dollars tracking all of us.

F.B.I. = Famous But Incompetent

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog)-> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)