[lbo-talk] Alert

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Nov 24 10:53:49 PST 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> As much as I despise ANSWER, they of course should be protected by the
> bourgeois liberal freedom of speech and assembly laws that they would
> dispense of were they ever to grab state power. But, thankfully, the ANSWER
> crowd is so far out of touch with the very workers they claim to champion
> that they are forever doomed to be a bus service for meaningless rallies.
> Don't think the FBI is too concerned with them (the Feds are focusing on
> anarchist groups). But it won't stop ANSWER from inflating their political
> importance.

ANSWER inflate their political importance? No way! Didn't you hear that 500,000 attended their last rally?

The FBI is not worried about ANSWER, but at least Mara and Chairman Becker are making a stink about this. The Partnership will do some good work on this and I'm hoping that they release publicly any information they pry out of the courts about police interference with activists. ANSWER is just making a stink about this to get their name in the news.

The FBI is more concerned with us anarchists and the other radicals who actually do effective activism. I took this news about their survelliance of anti-war activists personally, because I know that they use Infoshop News as a source for their threat advisories. They kind of gave that away last year when they issued a threat advisory about an obscure call for action that appeared on Infoshop News.

I also agree with Doug about Mike's joke about ANSWER members going to jail. As much as I don't like ANSWER, if any of their members ended up in jail (which is extremely unlikely), they should receive support and solidarity just like anybody else.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog)-> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)