[lbo-talk] "Left" Believers In Warren Report

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Mon Nov 24 15:06:58 PST 2003

Hi,

The founder of the Birch Society thought Ike was an agent of the communist conspiracy. The Birch Society argued in the early 1960's that the internationalist and interventionist "military-industrial complex" was run by liberals in league with communists. They never went soft on "Ike." They were isolationists who thought taxes were wasted on an interventionist military.

Can you understand that the fact that Jack Ruby's name was originally Jake Rubinstein should be at best an anecdote to history, and that mentioning in a discussion about conspiracy smacks of antisemitism?

Chip Berlet Senior Analyst Political Research Associates http://www.publiceye.org