[lbo-talk] "Left" Believers In Warren Report

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 17:19:18 PST 2003

Berlet asked: "Can you cite an earlier date for any written materials produced by the persons you named?"

At the time of the assassination of John F. Kennedy, Ralph Schoenman was Executive Director of the Bertrand Russell Peace Foundation. In early 1964, he formed and directed the Who Killed Kennedy Committee? In London with Bertrand Russell and other prominent figures. The Committee uncovered explosive documents, including files from the Dallas D.A.’s office that exposed the government cover-up. Your attempt to link left-wing epistemology about parapolitics (what you call 'conspiracy theory') to the Liberty Lobby or the John Birch Society is obtuse.

Everybody conscious in America in November 1967 knew what their thoughts and suspicions were about the Kennedy assasination and did not need prompting by the John Birchers about what to think. And certainly forensic scientists such as Gary L. Aguilar, M.D., Cyril H. Wecht, M.D., J.D. do not premise their findings on the work of the Birchers.

Joe W.