[lbo-talk] Just in time for the holidays ...

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Nov 25 09:24:51 PST 2003

>http://www.af.mil/search/media.asp?mediaID=7913&mediaType=1
>
>Air Force Edition Monopoly coming soon
>WASHINGTON -- Air Force Edition Monopoly will be available at base
>exchanges beginning Dec. 1. Instead of traditional houses and hotels,
>the Air Force edition features air expeditionary squadrons and air
>expeditionary wings. Players navigate the board with a B-2 Spirit, an
>air traffic control tower, the F/A-22 Raptor, a satellite, an unmanned
>aerial vehicle or a C-17 Globemaster III.

Oferchrissake. Monopoly has gotta be the most abused board game ever. It was originally called "The Landlord's Game," and created by followers of Henry George. What we now know as Monopoly was the first game in a set of a three--a didactic journey to transform property relations through the application of George's ideas. The first game being an illustration of the problem, which explains why it seems to be such a good argument against private ownership and rents. Now, in logical progression, it's promoting militarism. What a ripoff.

Jenny Brown