[lbo-talk] Radical Left Critique Of Nation Article

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue Nov 25 19:13:55 PST 2003

Quoting Bob Feldman <bob_jan at xensei.com>:

> The www.marxmail.org web site apparently posted the following radical left
> critique

I see the article, where's the radical left critique?

> In other words, as long as you
> spread the wealth around, it is not such a bad thing to be the recipient of
> "capital flows". I am reminded of what piggish TV newscaster Tex Antoine
> said in 1970: "When rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it".

A goddamn obnoxious comment and beside the point. Foreign investment sometimes builds useful things, and sometimes it doesn't. The categories of capitalism need to be analyzed, not demonized. But of course who needs facts when you can recite 40-year-old slogans through an electronic bullhorn.

> This formulation about the need to be exploited reminds once again of Tex
> Antoine. It is entirely possible to operate outside this framework
> altogether.

Really? The reviewer grows their own food and weaves their own clothing and can do without money or computers or electricity or modern medicine?

-- DRR