[lbo-talk] next year the war will seize all the Caucuses

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 02:51:34 PST 2003

So much for the "the Chechen conflict isn't about radical Islam" theory. This stuff is avaliable all over the Web, in English. What is up with the Western press? ----

Interview with a field commander: next year the war will seize all the Caucuses. (What 'the intransigent' think)

- That means that those in Russia who say that you want to create a caliphate in the Caucuses from one sea to another, are right?

- Yes, it is so. [If] they don't wish to negotiate with us then we shall do what we can. And there is a lot we can do. Next year the war will seize all the Caucuses from the Caspian to the Black Sea. Apart from Ossetia and Ingushetia, this year another guerrilla war has already started in two areas of Daghestan bordering Chechnya. I swear by Allah, this is only the beginning. Russian authorities are well aware of this and therefore are trying to organise formations of the local residents in the area who could resist us effectively. Similar process is taking place in Chechnya. But it will come to precisely nothing. Having reached a certain level of confrontation inside Chechnya, Russia sooner or later will have to withdraw its troops beyond the Terek, for instance. In that case we will need no more than two weeks to destroy all the pro-Russian puppet formations.

http://www.chechnya.nl/news.php?id=7346&lang=eng