[lbo-talk] Greider

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Nov 26 12:37:03 PST 2003

The "Democratic Party" is controlled by the Clintons and their big-donor pals, with old-line liberals as a kind of loyal opposition (Teddy K et al.). It looks increasingly like Dean is not part of the club; one reason is that his fund- raising base is independent.

Aside from whatever Dean has said about policy, to me this is interesting.

In a different way this is true for Gephardt as well, though his base -- industrial unions -- is not a new political force, in and of itself.

Of course I think well of Greider and his judgement, so I too find this column to be persuasive.

mbs