[lbo-talk] Radical Left Critique Of Nation Article

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Wed Nov 26 13:55:41 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ted Winslow" <egwinslow at rogers.com>

> Joan Robinson isn't a good guide to the bath water in Marx. For her,
> the baby is Ricardian; the bath water is Hegelian.

I'll take JR's Ockamite, samurai sword approach to the LTV and alot of the Hegelian verbiage in KM over many of the alternatives any day.

> I don't think Doug is a Bedlamite economist.

I never asserted he was. Anyone on this list or elsewhere who's read any of his material knows that. The fact of the matter was that he was demonstrating that minor increases of taxes on the wealthy and the strengthening of the social safety net for the working class poor in a manner that was not inconsistent with neoclassical econ. a la Edgeworth etc. It was the kind of argument that guys like Max Sawicky and others can take onto NPR or CNNfn and run with. And when they do, Hegel *will not* come up in the ensuing debate.

Ian