[lbo-talk] Callinicoss-Negri (The Multitudes)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 15:51:55 PST 2003

--- Tahir Wood <twood at uwc.ac.za> wrote:
> The most remarkable thing was that every comment by
> Callinicos and
> nearly every Trot question ignored or misunderstood
> everything Negri
> had said and referred back to the straw man
> Callinicos had set up at
> the start.

Yes, you will find that most Trots have never read Negri. They, the Trots, have in effect read Callinicos' representation of Negri and then pontificate about, talking as if they were experts on Negri. Anyway, if you want to read a more nuanced discussion of Negri's concept of "the Multitude", I advise you to read the following translation, "Approximations: Towards an Ontological Definition of the Multitude", written by Negri". Find it at this link: http://www.generation-online.org/t/approximations.htm

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"