[lbo-talk] European Social Forum

alessandro coricelli acoricelli at mac.com
Fri Nov 28 17:36:16 PST 2003

On Friday, November 28, 2003, at 04:19 PM, Thomas Seay wrote:

> I have a hard time believing that Rifondazione
> Communista would have a banner that read
> "Dissobedienti". "Dissobedienti" (The Disobedients)
> are autonomists, coming mostly from the Italian social
> centers (centri sociali). There must have been an
> italian contingent of which both Rifondazione and
> Dissobedienti were part.
>
> Obviously this is a minor point, but it makes you
> wonder how accurate the rest of this person's report
> was.

I have a different read of the story. The fact that Rifondazione Comunista was behind the Disobbedienti banner tells us who is hegemonic within the movement of movements right now. Of course, the reporter failed to fully understand it (no way that Rifondazione was the largest Italian contingent in Paris) .

ciao, alessandro