[lbo-talk] Re: European Social Forum

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Nov 29 13:58:25 PST 2003

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Anarchists and autonomists could surely do an assembly of 2-3,000 in
> North America or Western Europe, but a Social Forum is an extravaganza
> of 40,000-60,000, and the next WSF in Mumbai is slated to cost $29.7
> million:

You've got to be kidding us! This is a colossal waste of money and resources, when a meeting of such size could be done on far less money. All of this money spent on a big convention full of talking heads? What's the point? Does anything come out of this?

Shit, if they gave the anarchists that much money, we'd have the revolution going by next spring. ;-)

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty