[lbo-talk] Roach: Productivity in the New Economy

michael michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sun Nov 30 15:27:40 PST 2003

Suppose Nike pays some you girls $3 to make a pair of shoes and sells them for $150, what does that do to productivity? Or course, if they hide proits for tax purposes and pretend that the imported shoes were worth $125, then outsourcing will not improve productivity.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901