[lbo-talk] Bolshevik-Bashing -- The Point

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 20:14:09 PST 2003

--- Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote: true. For a while at least.

> The pattern - power accruing to a small elite who
> use
> it mostly for their own advantage - is reliably seen
> around the globe and has been for time beyond living
> memory. The endurance of the pattern suggests an
> important aspect of human character is on display
> or,
> at least, a persistent phenomena which cannot be
> dismissed.

Yes, indeed. That is why there must be structural controls to keep people accountable. Democratic Centralism (DC)has proven to be a structure that is not conducive to democracy. That said, no one should have illusions that other models are fault free...obviously undemocratic practices could take shape in just about any model, BUT some models, such as DC are definitely worse than others in this regard.

For example, just a couple of months ago Luca Casarini was pied during a visit to New York; the reason given for the "pieing" was because of undemocratic, authoritarian tendancies developing among the Dissobedienti, of which he is a prominent member. Now, I dont know if the allegation was true or not...but it would not surprize me...just declaring yourself anti-authoritarian is not enough.

Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"