[lbo-talk] A November to Remember

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Oct 1 06:56:17 PDT 2003

> Trailers (hellaciously long to download, but gorgeous) and new photos for
next
> month's "Matrix Revolutions", up at:
>
> http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/
>
> Also, Peter Jackson's extended version of the "Two Towers" is due out
November
> 18th, with 40 min of extra footage (very welcome, because the extended
> version of "The Fellowship" was superb -- transformed a good film into a
> keeper). I find it fascinating that it's been literally decades since a
ground-
> breaking work of sci-fi posthistory coincided with a ground-breaking work
of
> fantasy prehistory -- there was "Forbidden Planet" and "Godzilla", all the
way
> back in 1954.
>
> -- DRR

And let's not forget Tarantino's return with "Kill Bill," a mega-homage/ripoff to-and-of all brutal, lyrical action genres, including Kato masks from "The Green Hornet."

<http://www.kill-bill.com/>

"Revolutions" looks great, and has to be (I hope) a vast improvement over "Reloaded." As for "LOTR," again, I just don't get it, but I did appreciate all those here who patiently explained it to me. Thanks.

DP