[lbo-talk] left curiosities

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 1 14:45:58 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Wow, the oddballs of Alternative Orange have resurfaced! This one's
> for connoisseurs of truly marginal left formations only:

Note the date of Volume 5: 1996.

I think I have this issue someplace, and some of the writers had not yet in 1996 gone utterly bonkers. I think it was at the 1997 MLA convention that I met Jennifer Cotter, who at least at that time could read a quite sensible paper and carry on a quite sensible conversation.

I note one of the editors of that Volume 5 was Brian Ganter, to whom Doug's description certainly applies quite accurately. I think he was the most bizarre of all the bizarre buffalos that invaded the old marxism list.

Carrol