[lbo-talk] RE: war profiteering

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 2 07:56:14 PDT 2003

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:03:20 -0400, Brian Siano <siano at mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:

>> Tony Soprano's America: The Criminal Side of the American Dream by David
>> R. Simon (Hardcover - September 2002)
>
> Some people'll write anything for tenure.
>
> "Hey, Phil! I got anodda one! How about a book about how _The Godfadda's_
> actually a metaphor for Capitalism an' the American Dream? Tink we can
> get a PEW grant for that one?"

Heh, well on my glance through @ Borders http://btobsearch.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?sourceid=00395996645644787198&btob=Y&ean=9780641521874&displayonly=CHP

(excerpt cites, Mills, "The Sociological Imagination, " which I hope is still read by soc. undergrads, esp. for the satire of Talcott Parsons) it looked like a slight cut above say, "The Greening of America, " by Charles Reich, big bestseller around '71 or so. Which, he didn't write to get tenure as he had been @ Yale Law School for yrs. by then. Hmm, http://www.sonic.net/~doretk/Issues/96-12%20DEC/BrownReich.html Jerry Brown and Charles Reich discuss, "The System." From a Northern California alt rag enamored w/ junk like this, http://www.sonic.net/~doretk/ArchiveARCHIVE/Aids/Aids.html on HIV/AIDS. Not that I wouldn't love to see Al Haig and Henry Kissinger arrested and sentenced for war crimes but, this http://www.sonic.net/~doretk/ArchiveARCHIVE/Aids/5.%20Global%202000.html and this, http://www.boydgraves.com/ , http://www.boydgraves.com/flowchart/ , "The 1971 flowchart provides absolute evidence of the United States' intent to kill its own citizens and others." Dr. Boyd E. Graves , which I've seen on far right and "left" websites, beggars belief. MKULTRA, Tuskegee Syphilis, eugenics in AmeriKKKA (Edwin Black, "War Against the Weak: Eugenics and America's Campaign to Create a Master Race, http://www.fourwallseightwindows.com/ http://www.fourwallseightwindows.com/bookblack1.html , you 'betcha, concerted, deliberate Ft. Detrick, MD. bio-war engineered HIV to wipe out millions? Nope. Not, even evil mofo's like Henry K signed off on NSC docs (David Gilbert of the Waether Underground, "AIDS conspiracy Theories: Tracking the Real Genocide," http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/books/reviews/index.html#AIDS http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/profiles/gilbert/aids_rev.html http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/profiles/gilbert/aidsconsp.html to task the CDC or any other USG entity to create that.

-- Michael Pugliese P.S. Pew Grants, http://utip.gov.utexas.edu/web/JGarchive/2001/dowie%20on%20foundations.pdf AMERICAN FOUNDATIONS: AN INVESTIGATIVE HISTORY By Mark Dowie 302 pp. Cambridge: MIT Press