[lbo-talk] request - outsourcing to India

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Oct 3 11:31:33 PDT 2003

Seth Ackerman wrote:

> My Dad's a TV reporter based in Washington. He's going to Bangalore next
> week to do a series on outsourcing. If anyone has any ideas - current
> trends, underreported angles, questions to ask, people to interview, places
> to visit, factoids, etc, please let me know.

I have a techie friend back in Washington who started out as one of those Indian programmers. He used to tell me about commuting 5 hours each day to his job in the big city. Yes, 5 hours. He took the train from his village back and forth to the city each day for his job.

One possible angle is the lengths to which people in India will go for an outsourced job from the U.S.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog)-> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ MutualAid ISP -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)