[lbo-talk] Seattle redux

Nicholas Feldman daretodream94704 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 20:06:54 PDT 2003

Hi,

I think that whole style of activism is abit out of date. I think that the general public are now scared that "peaceful" protestors means violence and traffic, weather it's intentional of not. THe last time that I participated in a "peaceful" protest, fights broke out among groups because of their slight political defferences. Also another point is that a lot of today's activists are wrapped up in psycological scare tactics and that mainstream media is always lying.

When the war in Iraq started, it was the first protest that I turned away from because of the lies that were being told through the rumor mill of the protesters.

I have been to Washington D.C. and have watched the government work, or not work. During my trip there I realized that even the most despicable politicians do attemps to make our feeble government run like they say it does. For example, when a bill is about to be passed, or vetoed, they really do go to thier constituants, make calls and even sometimes make deals(I didn't see any deals when I was there).

It has been said in the halls of many educational institutions that America does not understand what democracy really is, and that we have not investigated , or spent enough time or research looking into other formsa of Government and which one would best serve the people. In no way am I saying that i agree with what is going on today politicallyin our country or the world. I hope a more diverse political climate can ber reached so the people are represented.

PS. In the January S.F. war protests, it almost symbolized a mockery because the activists used there cell phones and drtove away in there nice fancy cars -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20031003/08b2ae64/attachment.htm>