[lbo-talk] Re: Queer Eye

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 5 10:36:18 PDT 2003

Weird. Like inviting a Xtian Rightist to join queermiss20somethaaangspeedphreakpartycircuitbarebacking at yahoogroups.com

Clause 28 was Thatcherite, "no state funding to 'promote' homosexuality, " homophobia. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hello debsian at pacbell.net,

jecklin1960 at excite.com has invited to join the BringBackClause28 group hosted by Yahoo! Groups, a free, easy-to-use community service.

Here's an introductory message from jecklin1960 at excite.com: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Historical Overview?

If we look back through history we find that time is littered with civilisations that flourished, in some cases for a thousand years, and yet suddenly went into terminal decline to be supplanted by another, more robust example. The Carthaginian, Greek and Roman empires all fell into this category, and it is interesting to note that they all failed at the point when the moral and social structure of those civilisations decayed. We are now at a point where I fear that liberal excesses are tolerated to a point where they are, seemingly more important than the code they are supposed to be supporting, with the result that the focus of social responsibilities has been lost. In the case of homosexuality, we have been bombarded with alleged "experts" telling us that homosexuality is "normal", and that it is "desirable" that such folks should be open about their sexuality. This is dangerous dictum indeed; by condoning, or actively encouraging a state of open homosexuality, we are undermining the very basis upon which our entire social ethos is constructed; this alone, I feel is why all other aspects of our society have been adversely affected, and the powers of Law and Order to combat such have been largely rendered impotent. It is therefore doubly important, in my considered view, that any and every step is taken to reduce the attitude of tolerance towards what can only be described as a sexual aberration, and that must start with the youngsters under our care. I therefore have absolutely no reservations about supporting this group, its ideals and the reinstatement of Clause 28.