[lbo-talk] Re: Israel's right to exist

Miike Quenling Ellis flagrant_sake at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 17:45:17 PDT 2003

--- boddhisatva <boddhisatva at netzero.net> wrote:

> [...]

so? are you trying to equate what i said with Likuds position?

> He continues:
>
> "i don't think it is an assumption that arabs or
> non jewish whomevers would not place as a high priority 'preserving a
> jewish homeland' in exactly the same manner as zionists would like."
>
> Right, but South Africa suggests that Arabs would be amenable to
> keeping more or less the status quo.

this is weird...what kind of status quo are we talking about? you are saying "the" status quo which i can only interpret as what the current status quo is.... 3.5 million palestinians would opt for continueing their oppression...expanding settlements, keeping themselves isolated into very small areas, cut of from adequate water supplies etc.? i find that very difficult to believe. unless you are talking about some status quo i am unaware of.

> C. Ellis continues:
>
> " if you've ever read anything about isreal's history you might have
> observed that it is very difficult to move a large population from one
> place to another. It was very difficult in India too. 'Hell', it took
> the holocaust to get roughly 1 million european jews to move there.
Israel
> isn't the best place to live"
>
> There are millions of Palestinians who want to move back there. What
> about them?

i'm just stating facts.......if the palestinians returned in a one state kind of thing it would be very difficult for zionist to maintain control of the isreali government. there's more palestinians than jews right? it's not an assumption to say it's highly probable those palestinians would not vote for say Ariel Sharon etc. that's why Israel would never go for a one state solution. that's the whole point, Isreal is a racially exclusive state and Palestinians aren't the right race....you can't (or at least it is alot more difficult) maintain a racially exclusive 'democracy' if most of the population isn't the right race and if they are allowed to have some say over who governs them...this is a fact, the Likud or whomever aren't making that up, this is why governments often oppress large poulations of people that might not do what they want them to. Take Iraq, it is a near 100% certainty that a shiite majority, in a democracy, would not elect Hussein or some other sunni junta. Those fears are justified....i mean you can argue otherwise and go for some kind of psycophant solution...but no one's going to go for it.

> Don't be so sure what Pat and his bunch would do. Every day on his
> program he is calling for a hoy war against Islam, and I do mean that
> literally. He means to intensify the conflict and expel the Arabs, make
> no mistake.

well there you go....why are they calling for it and not just going and actually doing it? sure they might try to get other people to do it but not themselves. If they were serious they'd probably be doing what bin laden is (or probably) doing and actually risking their lives....two totally different matters was what i was saying.

~M.E.