[lbo-talk] what it means to be lesbian

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Mon Oct 6 10:57:53 PDT 2003

Kelly writes:

"It's not because it's a town/gown thing--although there was some of that going on, to be sure. The campus lesbian "culture" or "community" was _very_ different from that of townie lesbians. The story exemplifies the tussle over who gets to define what it means to "be a lesbian.""

Speaking of which, I go swimming a couple of times a week at neighboring Mills College, a women's only college, and boy, there's a new lesbian look: trim, toned, hair very short and cuuute and adorable as hell. It's all I can do to stop myself from ....oh, never mind, they just look delicious.

Joanna