[lbo-talk] dixor

Christian Gregory christian11 at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 6 11:44:18 PDT 2003

>Third confusion: that if a predeliction is biological,
then you have to act on it. Which is nonsense. Straight people have a biological predilection to have sex with the opposite sex, but celibacy is possible. Indeed, actual. I mean voluntary celibacy. So if the problem really was that homophobes thought that GLB people people make bad choices, the "it's biological" ansdwer would not satisfy them. And should not.

>The real thing to be said is that whether or not being
GLB or having homoereotic desires -- and acting on them -- is biological or changeable or not is all irrelevant. The real point is that it's perfectly OK to love whomever you like, if you are lucky enough to have someone love you in return. And if you or I or anyone else doesn't care himself or herself to love people of the same sex or whatever, that's OK for you, and has no implications for anyone else. And that's all there is, coherently, to be said.

Spot on. Lovely.

Christian