[lbo-talk] Baffler/Boob Jubilee in NYC

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 6 12:38:49 PDT 2003

[Despite being not-young, I'll be at the events on Wednesday and Thursday...]

Dear Friends and Enemies of the Baffler:

With great pleasure we announce the arrival of "Boob Jubilee," our second collection of essays and fiction, just published by W.W. Norton. The offerings in this particular volume are gleaned from our pages during the golden years of the New Economy, when we were widely considered to be cranks, calumniators, Enemies of the Future, and otherwise superannuated and annoying.

We won't say history proved us right--hell, that was never in doubt--but we will suggest that the book makes a fine gift for the libertarian in your life, or, alternately, a source of ready-made bons mots as you relax together and watch Court TV's gavel-to-gavel coverage of his former heroes' latest adventures.

We will be reading selections from this tome in New York on Tuesday October 7, Wednesday October 8, and Thursday October 9. We invite you to come and cross-examine our angry young writers.

* Tuesday, October 7 - Columbia University (Philosophy Hall, Room 301) at 5:30. This event is co-sponsored by the American Studies/Master of Arts Program with help from the National Arts Journalism Program.

* Wednesday, October 8 - The New School, 66 West 12th Street, Room 712 , 7 p.m. An All Star lineup of Bafflerites will be mixing it up with the help of our friends from The Nation Magazine (the event is co-sponsored by The Wolfson Center for National Affairs.

* Thursday, October 9 - Book Court, 163 Court Street, Brooklyn, 7 p.m. (718) 875 3677. Another All Star lineup will be assembled for the Baffler's first appearance ever in this exciting borough.

Please forward this email to all and sundry.