[lbo-talk] Excellent summary of arguments against leave no child behind initiative

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 7 06:59:38 PDT 2003

Gar Lipow:
> 3) private schools, including those accepting vouchers, are not
subject to any of these
> standards or even required to give their students any particular tests
- so all the problems
> you attribute to local control are ten times worse with privatization.

Who said privatization? How about a nice centralized school system with standardized curriculum replacing privately administered standardized tests?

As I understand it, state takeover of troubled schools and school districts is not tantamount to privatization - it often means taking local politics out of the school system.

Wojtek