[lbo-talk] Re "Dixor"

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Oct 7 10:48:12 PDT 2003

Ted wrote:

"On the other hand, the implicit claim is that the feeling obtainable from satisfaction of a desire for violently transgressive sex, for sex with children, for consensual sex involving treating and being treated by others instrumentally, for sex in which one is idealized, etc., etc. wouldn't be as good as that obtainable from sex involving mutual recognition. The claim, in other words, is that there is an objective basis for preferring some kinds of sex to others."

Sorry, Ted. My erroneous inferences had more to do with the context of this discussion than with anything you or Marx said. As for the above, I totally agree, though some have called me prudish for doing so.

Cheers,

Joanna