Historical Query (in semantics) Re: [lbo-talk] Prefect Rice

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 7 11:26:00 PDT 2003

The unexpurgated (Mao was quite earthy) speeches of Mao, can be found in, "Mao Unrehearsed, " edited by Stuart Schram in the 70's.

On running dogs and other stock invectives of maoism, I remember a great Doonesbury strip w/ the VC character in, "The Collected Doonesbury." On comics, btw, get the new Boondocks collection. Love that kid.

And another couple of Nixon cites while I'm at it, David Greeberg, has a new book on Nixon as perceived by friend and foe, from mainstream liberals and New Leftists, rightwards. And, did y'all note that in the last batch of Nixon tapes to be released, when Nixon was raving in '69 or '70, that he wanted to nuke North Vietnam, Kissinger said, "Mr. President, I think that would be going just a little bit too far." (!) After which, RMN questions Henry's masculinity.

=====