[lbo-talk] Re: Dixor

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 7 12:11:14 PDT 2003

Dear List:

Miles Jackson wrote:

> Your claim above is contradicted by reams of historical and anthropological research. This is simple ethnocentrism and presentism: why insist on projecting modern concepts (heterosexuality and homosexuality) onto the past?

Well, whatever term you wish to use, women have been having sex with women for centuries and men with men, and there is documentation/record of it. All this fun did not start when somebody coined the term "homosexuality" in the late 19th century LOL.

One day the concept of "homosexual" might give way to "queer" and then to something else. Since terms change and evolve constantly does that mean there is no coherent history? Today we are African Americans, before that Negroes, before that colored, before that, well let's not go there.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister