[lbo-talk] East Asia

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 01:33:44 PDT 2003

>This is big. While Bananamerica descends into outright madness, East Asia
>is
>scrambling the Evangelions (or sailing up the Anduin with reinforcements
>for
>Gondor, if your taste in allegory runs to prehistory):

This seems to be a global trend. Ukraine, Russia, Belarus and Kazhakstan just entered a Union of Four, and Russia is using its economic growth to consolidare its position as lord and master in the CIS. Kuchma told Ukrainians last week to give up their pipe dream of joining the EU.

If you ask me, in a few decades your going to see a huge more-or-less consolidated political structure on the Eurasian landmass. In other words, the USSR will have been reformed, with a different political and economic system.

_________________________________________________________________ Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es