[lbo-talk] Another Asshole

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 09:01:19 PDT 2003

--- Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:
> Andy Sullivan gushes over Arnie:
>
> "But Arnold also shows that Eagle politics can work
> - fusing low-tax conservatism with social tolerance
> and a tough foreign policy is the great missing
> politics in America. We may have just found our
> first truly charismatic candidate."
>
> No word as to how the invasion-happy foreign policy
> of Andy's dreams is gonna be financed through
> "low-tax conservatism." But never mind. Andy's
> feeling too good to worry about that.
>
> "Not so heavy dish this morning because I spent one
> of the most enjoyable evenings in a very long time.
> Lecture by Steven Pinker at AEI, dinner afterwards,
> then off to 'Lost In Translation,' the sublime Sofia
> Coppola movie. Then home to news of Arnold's
> triumph. You have to savor days like this. Now to
> walk the beagle ..."
>
> Is "walk the beagle" a new term for jacking off? In
> any event, for those with strong stomachs:
>
> <http://andrewsullivan.com/>
>
> DP

I think we've just had one of those mini-thaws where it appears Bush is vulnerable, the left has a chance, etc. These thaws never last, and now, with Arnold's victory, the thermometer is dropping. Expect political temperatures in the subzero range, with icy gusts of reactionary rhetoric. All pets should be brought inside.