[lbo-talk] Russia reserves right to preemptive strikes

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 07:15:18 PDT 2003

PRESIDENT PUTIN: RUSSIA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKES

YEKATERINBURG, October 9 (RIA Novosti) - Russia reserves the right to pre-emptive strikes if such a practice remains in the world, Russian president Vladimir Putin said during the inter-state Russian-German consultations held in Yekaterinburg (regional center in the Urals federal district).

"We are against this, but we reserve the right to strike pre-emptive blows," the Russian president said.

Putin also spoke about Russian strategic ballistic missiles which "were not on combat duty and were kept in dry conditions" which is, according to him, the prospect for tens of years to come, till the middle of the 21st century. We will perfect our defensive systems during this period, including jointly with the USA, and such talks have been already held," the president said.

_________________________________________________________________ Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963