[lbo-talk] Schindlers Pile into Iraq

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at sun.com
Thu Oct 9 11:07:08 PDT 2003

Looks just like the Nazi invasion of Poland to me.

WP staff writers shamelessly write with a straight face:

"Many of the services being sought -- including police training, crimes-against-humanity investigations and prison-construction expertise -- are highly specialized. Conditions are dangerous. Experts say American taxpayers can expect to pay a hefty premium to contractors in a classic seller's market."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1802&e=29&u=/washpost/20031009/ts_washpost/a496_2003oct8

We all know about Haliburton and Bechtel, but who are the others? The Japanese O.D.A. for one, who are reported as supplying up to 10% of the "reconstruction" (read: contractor looting) funds. Some details here, including price per Japanese SDF bulletcatcher. High priced!:

http://www.asahi.com/english/world/TKY200310030154.html

Of course, this is peanuts compared to the vital support lent to the worthless U.S. Peso by BoJ/MoF, to the tune of some ~$40 Billion in September alone. That's the real yeomans' work for The Willing.

Oh, and the fate that awaits colloborators, including US media:

"In a supposedly well-protected upmarket part of the city, Jose Antonio Bernal, an air force sergeant at Spain's embassy, was chased from his home by three assailants and gunned down, barefoot and in his undershorts."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&e=6&u=/nm/20031009/ts_nm/iraq_dc_161