[lbo-talk] radio Henwood & Levy

Woodard, Jared JWoodard at crowell.com
Thu Oct 9 14:32:17 PDT 2003

Ditto to that: If one wants a sparkling French philosopher, one couldn't do better than the underexposed department head at Ecole Normale Superieure, Alain Badiou: besides being an amazing academic, he's a leftist's leftist whose L'Organisation Politique does real-world good. Most of Zizek's best stuff is directly indebted to Badiou...

-----Original Message----- From: dave dorkin [mailto:ddorkin1 at yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 4:19 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] radio Henwood & Levy

Why should he get air time when there are many Europeans and others who are more interesting & who arent in it for the money & glamour? Do you think he suffers from lack of exposure? Are there no more interesting people to have on than BHL? What about all the Monde Diplomatique crew like Ignacio Ramonet or Serge Halimi etc? Or people from the Manifesto in Italy and so on...

> Why not? He's a celebrity, he's written a weird and
> occasionally interesting book, and he says stuff
that's not often in the American media. I don't approve of everyone I interview, you know. I've