[lbo-talk] radio Henwood & Levy

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 10 01:10:19 PDT 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 03:00:32 -0400, Chris Doss <itschris13 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know anything about Levy, but Glucksmann, who makes a living
> peddling disinformation about as serious a matter as the Chechen War,
> deserves to be booted in the head. Repeatedly. Wjat a monster dickhead.
> No shame whatsoever.

http://www.radicalparty.org/monitor/glucksman.htm Chechnya: Conversation with Andre Glucksmann Johnson's Russia List 12 July 2000 davidjohnson at erols.com From: "Galina Ackerman" Subject: About Andre Glucksmann Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000

Dear Mr. Johnson, As you probably know, the French philosopher Andrè Glucksmann is one of the most outspoken opponents of the war in Chechnya. He organized several protests of French and European intellectuals, and is very active himself in this domain. Last week he returned from a five weeks trip to Chechnya and Daghestan where he went with the help of Chechen fighters, without a visa from Russian authorities (which he was refused a few days before going there through Azerbaidjan). I interviewed him the day he came back, asked by an independant journal, Novaya Gazeta. The text will probably appear tomorrow, but this is not sure, and it is sure they will make cuts, because of some passages about Mr. Putin. However, I think Mr. Glucksmann analysis is very interesting and contains some new points. I am sending you the text of this interview both in Russian (slightly shortened by myself) and in French (this is practically the transcription of the interview). May be you would be interested to publish it in your list. Sincerely, Galina Ackerman

Conversation with Andre Glucksmann by Galia Ackerman

G.A. You have just returned from a rather dangerous five-week trip to Chechnya and Dagestan. Why did you go there? <SNIP>

-- Michael Pugliese