[lbo-talk] Black music makes history, but not just as it pleases

BrownBingb at aol.com BrownBingb at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 21:45:36 PDT 2003

Hip hop, a.k.a. multinational music, has produced some musical masterpieces: Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Public Enemy's "It Takes a Nation of Millions", "Cypress Hill", "Dr. Octagon". Hip hop is a deeply multinational and deeply subversive art-form (hint: the names Morpheus, Neo and Trinity are actually derived from the brand names of music synthesizers).

-- DRR

^^^^

CB: Cool. Jimi Hendrix is hip hop. I mean tight, straight, hip. Mary J. Blige is blues. "I'm lookin for a real love.dddidund." SWV !