[lbo-talk] Black music makes history

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Fri Oct 10 21:44:34 PDT 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:
> And why would Sir Duke & The Chairman be
> antithetical to, say, Kurt Cobain & Biggie?

I don't know. The White Stripes did a superb cover of Son House's Death Letter. But it seems like you have to wade through the muck for musicians like them. Maybe it's always been this way and the passage of time acts as a sieve. But sometimes I feel the tug of the same "primitive reaction" Justin notes above, despite the fact that there are volumes of fresh new greats of which I'm oblivious. I guess we recall mainly the best from the past and can't help but see the majority of crap in the present.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!