[lbo-talk] Black music makes history

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Sat Oct 11 10:12:42 PDT 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:
> As for the Stripes, I think Jack White is working in
> Cobain territory, and Cobain himself was the best
> rock composer since Pete Townshend, known for
> his on-stage destruction of guitars and amps, which
> he did, as he once said, to cover the fact that early
> on he couldn't play the blues licks he desired to play.
> So he thrashed about, spectacle-style. An affront to
> Serious Music Lovers back then, I'm sure.

Is it true what Cobain said on that unplugged live album, that his fav performer was Leadbelly?

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!