[lbo-talk] Again I'm left speechless.....

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Sat Oct 11 19:27:18 PDT 2003

With full sympathies for Stephen Philion, this is yet another example of why we must refuse to be a "Left speechless" here in the U.S. when it comes to the subject of Israel and its commanding political wing here in the U.S.A., obvious model for a U.S. policy applied not only to the Middle East, but to the entire world.

We begin to become "speechful" when we realize that working alongside the bulldozers and other means of collective punishment deployed in the Middle East is a pro-Israel or apologist American Left dedicated, at all costs, to bulldozing any open, rational discourse on the subject here in the U.S. They man different fronts in the same struggle for their Zion.

At the same time, the pro-Israel faction of the American Left is the weak link and Achilles heel of this seeming Leviathan we all despair of halting. The first step to a truly open discourse is to refuse all positive political exchange with this ilk, to freeze them out and isolate them on the Left, thereby disabling their disruptive influence. We must also ask, by whatever diplomatic means, that the "silent majority" of the U.S. Left not only break their fence-straddling silence, but indeed make the American-Israeli Axis the central target for their political activities at least for the immediate term, until the dangerously protofascistic neocon Likudists are driven from the U.S. Executive power. They can begin by breaking off all ties, personal and political, with the American pro-Israel crowd. This will at least break Leviathan's progress, buying precious time for us to prepare to eliminate the political conditions that made the Likudist rise to factional power possible, by extending this struggle to the U.S. Congress, the media, the universities and elsewhere.

Clearly, this broader struggle cannot take place by working within the Democratic Party - except by tearing it apart. But tear it, and the whole United States, apart, this Axis will, for this has become the Slavery Issue of our time precisely in our inability to come to honest grips with it, and in that American Likudism, Christian Zionism or whatever one chooses to call them, are in their utter fanaticism its veritable latterday Slavocratic Fire-Eaters who will drive us to civil war if we don't act now.

Clearly, "not speechless", -Brad Mayer

Message: 11 Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:49:37 -0500 From: Stephen E Philion <philion at hawaii.edu> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] Again I'm left speechless..... Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=452375

By Patrick Cockburn in Dhuluaya

US soldiers driving bulldozers, with jazz blaring from loudspeakers, have uprooted ancient groves of date palms as well as orange and lemon trees in central Iraq as part of a new policy of collective punishment of farmers who do not give information about guerrillas attacking US troops. .... -- /**********************************************************************/ Brad Mayer