[lbo-talk] Re: Black Music Makes History

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 14 09:43:43 PDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:56:49 -0400, Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

> If progressivism, radicalism, leftism etc. means that that I haveto
> quietly consent to a bunch of kids blasting stuff in my face whether I
> want listen to it or not - you can keep your "ism." I am not buying.
>
> Wojtek

Though it happens here in the TL too, in Oakland when I lived there, what annoys Woj would annoy me too, at times. One truck I could hear from blocks away blasting away w/ two huge rock concert size speakers installed on a swivel on the back end.

And, though, he didn't appear to be anything but another financial district yuppie greedhead, once on the J Church MUNI line (btw, local power pop-punkers, J-Church are a fun band) I saw a poor black kid about 12 have his boom box smashed by the Montgomery St. $100K petty-b. And I mean both meanings of petty. Damn guy should have apologized and given the kid two tewenties.

-- Michael Pugliese