[lbo-talk] Sounds like Faulkner

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Oct 14 13:17:53 PDT 2003

Michael Simkin wrote:

> [...]

But you haven't given us any _passages_ from Faulkner (or from the machine translation). You have given us little snippets. They prove nothing except that you've never thought much about what prose is.

I'm not a "lover" of Faulkner. And I think it ridiculous to call works of art "personal communications," but I have a good deal of experience with a number of different prose styles, and none of them can conceivably be judged, or even discussed, with such snippets as you offer.

Carrol