[lbo-talk] re dali lama and spin

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Oct 14 19:24:03 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 08:56 AM, Stephen E Philion wrote:

> --mother teresa made people feel good about themselves too...so did bob
> hope...big deal...

Yes, the mission of the Left must be to make people feel bad about themselves, or rather, to remove every possible way in which they might feel good about themselves, so that they are compelled to face the stark truth that they are living in a hell of boiling shit (otherwise known as the late capitalist system). Only then will they rise up.

And certainly there must be no comedians on the Left. They would only support the false consciousness that it is all right to feel good about yourself.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)